The Breakfast Room ~ Where You Never Leave Hungry
What a Great Place to Hang Out with Friends
Guest Services and Local Artisan Craft Products
Trail’s End Inn Philosophy & Policies
- Should you cancel or change your reserved stay 14 days or more prior to your arrival date, we will happily refund your deposit, less a $20 handling fee.
- If your cancellation is made fewer than 14 days prior to your arrival date, you will be financially obligated for all reserved nights of your stay, unless we can fully rebook your reserved room for the time period.
- Early departures are charged for the full stay as reserved.
A Light Hand
We try to run the Inn with a “light hand” in that we are available to our guest when they want to see us, but we try to be unobtrusive at all other times. We have a self check-in system so the guests can check-in with or without assistance whenever they arrive. We, or our staff, are available if any guest needs assistance (just ring the doorbell or text 518-637-5019), but we try to give our guests the greatest undisturbed experience with a welcoming hand if they desire.
Arrival and Departure
- If you can give us some advanced warning, you can request an early check-in or a late check-out (subject to availability).
- When you arrive, come to the entry area just inside the Inn’s front door off the front porch. There you will find the steps to check-in/check-out.
- When you are checking in, be sure to fill out a Room Service Survey so our caretakers can anticipate your needs!
- If you are checking in or out during quiet hours (10pm – 7am) please do so as quietly as possible to avoid waking other guests.
Quiet Hours/Whirlpool Tubs
Kids Policies: We recognize some people travel here for the quiet woodsy getaway. We choose to live here for similar reasons. We also live here with our children and think every kid (and family) should get to experience the beauty and magic of the Adirondack Park. We are removing the Inn’s historical “No Children under 8” rule. We welcome families with children of all ages. Here are few helpful planning notes:
The Inn’s quiet hours remain 10pm – 7pm (same as always). To protect the sleep of our hardcore hikers and late risers, please plan quiet activities to engage and entertain your children during the wee hours of the morning. We suggest quiet movies (we have cable in the TV room), reading books (we keep a range of age appropriate titles in the game room), or doing art. Our game room has an array of toys (Legos, action figures, puzzles, etc). Please note your young children should be actively monitored at all times while on property.
If you are planning to travel with an infant, please let us know. We can recommend rooms that provide the most possible separation from other guests. Some of our walls are thin and we recognize you might need a quieter space. Additionally please have a plan to make sure all of our guests get a good night’s sleep!
We are adjacent to the Keene Central School Property. The school has an amazing playground, sports fields, and an outdoor classroom that looks like the most amazing stick fort you’ve seen! Again, young children should be actively monitored at all times.
Children are charged $20 per day for children under 15 years old, over 15 they are charged $25.
- We allow dogs in the two-room suites/ all cottages and the Esther Room. Dogs are not allowed in the common areas in the Inn.
- Dog must be house broken. Please pick up after your dog. There is a dumpster beyond the garage.
- Dogs must be current on all shots and immunizations.
- While outside dogs are to always be on a leash and with someone.
- The dog can be left alone, only if your dog does not bark and you have brought a kennel and put the dog in it while you are out.
- Please don’t bring your dog through the interior halls of the Inn, use the outside stairs, or door as the case may be, to take your dog in and out of the room.
- Not all our guests are as dog-crazy as Dave and I. Please do not bring your dog into the common areas of the Inn, including the front porch.
- Please use the “doggy towels” provided to wipe off your dog’s feet and fur (if they get wet/muddy).
- Please don’t allow you dog on the furniture or beds in the room.
- No barking is allowed (by guests or dogs).
- We know that your dog is an “angel” and would never do anything that it shouldn’t, but if perchance the unimaginable happens – let us know what it is.
- Any damage done by your dog will be charged to you. If your dog relieves itself inside, you will be charged extra for the clean-up. The minimum charge for any damage or clean-up is $50.
If the rules are not followed after being notified of failing to follow the rules, a guest may be required to leave before the stay is up. Not refund will be made for requiring a guest to leave for failing to follow the rules.